Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Proper thanks and new things





A thank you is in order.  Last post I waxed poetic about the state of my blog and whether my time here was done or not.  The outpouring of support and love I felt from you caused my heart to leap into my throat and my eyes to get all misty. I've never been a journal keeper but one day in 2007, I started one here. I can type faster than I can write with a pen. And I can include photos with the click of a mouse. So, for over ten years I've been writing of my days, thoughts, makes, travels and motherhood. And the knowledge that you're here with me makes me feel all sorts of feels.... encouraged, supported, accountable, understood, safe to share opposing opinions and just warm and fuzzy.

Thank you.

Last summer my neighbor and I spotted a leucistic cardinal at our feeders.  (We immediately thought it was albino but are pretty sure it's more accurately leucistic. You can click here to learn more.) We saw him a few times and then he was gone. However, last week I spotted this guy at my house. I wonder if it's the same one or maybe an offspring.

I also recently found these old, metal, two sided signs. There are 24 of them in total and they are currently leaning against a wall in my mudroom while I decide what to do with them. Suggestions welcome.

-dana

7 comments:

Havplenty said...

Beautiful bird. I love cardinal birds. I have four sets of cardinal birds living amongst my new urban home. I have been feeding them all winter and hear them sing daily. I wonder if these cardinals know how beautiful a bird they are.

Debbie said...

I love cardinals and had never heard of leucistic cardinals-so fair and still so gorgeous! Reminds me of the white squirrels in Brevard. Maybe it is something "special" in those wonderful western NC mountains!

Jennifer said...

Wow, that cardinal is beautiful!

Kelly O. said...

leucistic! well you learn something new everyday. I love new words--thanks for sharing this one!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

They are so easy to spot in winter too! Love them!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Those Brevard squirrels are so cool!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

So unusual too. Haven't seen him since.